2016/12/15

Is there anything like too much education?

Yesterday I saw a post online that a Nigerian Dr Osato Osemwengie  bagged his 6th Masters degree and he'll soon enroll for his 7th and also going for his 4th PhD. I couldn't help but pause and felt a bit disgusted although this may not be the most "educated" Nigerian or the Nigerian with the most degrees but I personally felt disgusted., the reason why is that I personally feel there are several ways to go about these things and bagging degrees doesn't necessarily mean bagging knowledge and sometimes it may just be an obsession or trying to beat a record or something because. I do not know the highest number of degrees a person has earned in the world but I just feel there is a need to be content, especially if most of these degrees were on scholarship, which of course I suspect they will, isn't that wicked?





If they are from personal funds, isn't that also wicked? and something to be bothered about? The cost of education is not cheap anywhere in the world at the same time there are several people that cannot afford this basic necessity so although I feel it is nice to get a couple of degrees and gain knowledge, I still feel there is a need to know where to say this is too much and allow for others that cannot afford or get access to it do so.




So this led me to do some research and stumbled on the fact that there are some people with as many as 29 college degrees!!! I mean 29 , , even Robert Mugabe president of Zimbabwe has over 7 degrees.

Just wondering when too much is really too much.


Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are entirely the opinions of the posters only and not that of "thenaijalisting".