2017/01/30

Ponzi Schemes eating Nigerian youths

Recently I saw a post from an old friend I knew back in the days on Facebook and constantly it was one ponzi scheme or the other she was always posting, this is a girl or lady in a Nigerian University in the South South of Nigeria, so I was compelled to send her a message, immediately she sent me her phone number and asked me to chat her up on
"Whatsapp" which I did, but when I sent her a message, she was rather pissed that I didn't contact her a day before, because apparently one has shut down, It felt more like cocaine or some hard drugs in her veins, I noticed with the same spirit a Nephew of mine in the University also called and told me of "Ultimate Cycler" before it crashed, so I have been enjoying the conversation on the Whatsapp group and its just a get money quick group, It is a learning curve for me because I am not really into these  get money quick schemes because of past experiences, but the only thing I could think of is that MMM actually paved the way for most of these schemes although currently MMM is struggling for survival this hasn't stopped people, as a matter of fact anyone with little idea of programming and a few dollars (or  naira) to spend on hosting can start a site and people will rush to it, although everyone is kind of conscious about the risk involved, but you hear people saying , "No risk no reward" some of these schemes barely last for 24 hours. Steadily defrauding gullible Nigerians especially those without money.

It is indeed a sad trend, but all I can do is sit back watch.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are entirely the opinions of the posters only and not that of "thenaijalisting".